Infra red

Sponsored Links
only if the phones support the IrDa standard, you may have to get in touch with the phone manufacturers to purchase a seperate infra red receiver to usb using propriety software for serial comms in that case probably cheaper to go for a cable.

Having had a quick look at the spec for your laptop I couldn't see any reference to an IR port anyway.

Foud some info here havnt time to wade through it so may or may not be useful?

http://www.irda.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=7

Thanks tim

Thought it was just a case of pointing it at the thing and job done. :oops:

looks a bit more involved

Sponsored Links
well done breezer
might try that, only thing in the reveiw someone says it dont work with vista.

maplin used to sell them, its where mine came from, but i could not find it

your missing the point, the dongle will only give you an IrDa port you still have to check whether the phones are compatible with that and also youd need some form of software to handle the data.

mine came with cd. told it what i wanted to do and told phone to send it, got the pictures no problem.

your missing the point, the dongle will only give you an IrDa port you still have to check whether the phones are compatible with that and also youd need some form of software to handle the data.

I thought that at first, but when I read up a bit it sounded like it does what breezer says.
I have no info on the phones so I thought I would buy one and try the cd and see what happened if it dont then I will try something else.
I looked at tottenham court road today noone had one to work with vista though, not maplin or pc world.

Sponsored Links
Back