Inline water filter on this tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm wanting to fit an inline water filter cartridge onto this tap and wondered how feasible this would be and if anyone had any recommendations?

Also on a side note, the water flow to this tap is pretty poor but I do not see anyway to adjust this? The property used to suffer from poor water pressure with the mains water being fed into a tank prior to being pumped at pressure into the house. This particular tap was always direct to the mains rather than being fed by the tank for drinking water. The mains issue has now be resolved and the tank removed yet the flow on this tap is still poor with no visible adjustments? Any thoughts?

Many thanks all.

Steve.

IMG_5940.JPG
IMG_5941.JPG
IMG_5942.JPG

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm afraid I can't comment on the water filter. But if you are going to play with the plumbing, it would be a good time to sort out the monoblock tap tails.
copper-monobloc-tap-tails-m10-x-15mm-19800_L_1.jpg
At the moment, your tails are soldered onto the copper pipework. This makes it a real pain to remove the tap!

It's a good idea to use push fit connections (preferably with isolators!) to the tails - they're easily removed, allowing the tails to be unscrewed and the tap to be taken off without hassle!

...and the quality of that soldering....:eek: ;)

The tap appears to be one intended for a higher pressure source (1/4 turn ceramic), swap it for normal tap with washers and the flow will improve considerably.

Sponsored Links
If you feel that your water is not wholesome this should be reported to the water board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back