inside a combination boiler

A

alsheating

Hi,

just wanted to know, in a combination boiler inside...does the water of the central heating system, and water for the hot water taps, mix?
i.e do they mix together to get heated?
or are they heated seperately by the same heat source inside the boiler, and does the boiler combi have any type of tank inside it?

could do with the help, its obvious I am not a professional in plumbing

Thanks
Imran :eek:

Sponsored Links
No, they don't mix, they are heated separately by the same heat source, if they mixed you'd end up with heating chemicals in your tap water. Combi boilers do not, in general, have any type of tank inside them, although there are a few (known as storage combis) that do store a quantity of water.

What are you actually trying to find out, IE what has caused you to ask these questions? I get the feeling you may need more info but aren't quite asking the right question.

If you are an RGI, why not join the CC and ask questions there?
Qualified engineers will be able to answer your questions.

no I did not ask the right question but you have asnwered it.
basically what I wanted to know was...if a tenant put urine into a magnaclean cylinder... would that work its way into the water supply, the hot water coming from the taps that is.

This is me getting very very paranoid but thinking health and safety I guess, after a very very evil tenant from hell experience.

thats why I didnt ask in the 1st place incase people took the mick and took advantage of my paranoia. :eek:

thanks
imran

Sponsored Links

He isn't an RGI, his first post states that he is not a professional in plumbing. Do try to read all of what people post before responding :rolleyes:

Your tenant sounds terrible, sorry to hear about that, but no it won't get to your taps, so don't worry about that.

An RGI is a Registered Gas Installer, ignore Gasman28 though he's not read your post properly and as a result he's posted an entirely irrelevant statement.

He isn't an RGI, his first post states that he is not a professional in plumbing. Do try to read all of what people post before responding :rolleyes:

The reason I asked is because of his name - alsheating :?:
..... and yes, I did read his post

Not very well it seems, he's stated he's not a pro and he's asked a question that isn't about gas, so he clearly doesn't need to ask it in the CC, and can't anyway. Also your post appears to imply that qualified engineers do not post anywhere other than the CC, which is also incorrect

The reason I asked is because of his name - alsheating :?:
..... and yes, I did read his post
t is an understandable mistake. However, on another thread today about What is Magnaclean, the op does state he is an amateur there also. Bit of a confusing username though :confused:

I initially thought I would use this forum once, but it seems I am back and need to change my nick.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back