Inspiration Required !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need your help yet again please folks.

Replacing a bath. Bathroom is above the kitchen, which has been extended. Both kitchen and bathroom are at the back of the house. The pitched roof for the extension extends from the outside wall of the bathroom.

The existing waste pipe was 32mm, jointing into a connector which partially juts out of a brick wall. There is about 2-3mm around this connector so I can only guess what is the other side of the brick wall with respect to pipework. And yes, the waste disappears into the roof of the extension.
Problem is this. The fitting which juts out of the wall leaks. The seal appears to have perished. Into this fitting goes a 32mm to ?? convertor. I initially thought 32-40 convertor, however having compared the size of the convertor to my own 32-40mm convertor I am tempted to think it's 32-imperial. Questions are:
- is there an easy way out of this ? (please say yes and explain)
- where can I get a seal for this fitting, and is it likely in your experience that it's fixable?

All thoughts gratefully received....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Measure the diameter of the extension pipe and pop to your plumbers merchants who will have a compression coupler for you :D

Bahco - is that a sleeve or similar that fits over the existing faulty connector? It's the seal in the connector that appears to have persihed, and of course I can't get the connector off because it goes through a small hole in a double skin brick wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back