Installation of a LD2 Domestic Fire Alarm System

How do I go about checking his credentials? He's told me he's Part P registered and is able to fit the system to the relavent spec as described.....no different from those others who have quoted tbh.

He will provide a 'minor works' certificate upon completion and will provide a receipt on headed paper detailing that the installed system meets the Grade D LD2 requirements.

Any suggestions what else I can ask for, or am I ok with that?

Sponsored Links
as long as you get the certificate of compliance from the sparks in relation to the electrical side you should be ok,
but ask him if he can provide a certificate of compliance as to the installation of fire detection equipment?

i very much doubt it, but as long as the council are ok and your insurance company are ok, go for it!!

Oasis

Ask him what makes him believe that he is competent to ensure that his work complies with BS 5839, what makes him think he can validly certify that the work he did complied with it, and ask him to confirm that his professional insurance covers him for fire alarm work.

And tell him that you want an actual BS 5839 certificate, not just a letter.

Sponsored Links
Ask him what makes him believe that he is competent to ensure that his work complies with BS 5839, what makes him think he can validly certify that the work he did complied with it, and ask him to confirm that his professional insurance covers him for fire alarm work.

And tell him that you want an actual BS 5839 certificate, not just a letter.

QFA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back