Installers and their preferred boiler

I wonder what the % failure rate is compared to installed boilers and how that fairs with other manufacturers.

I would hazard a guess that information isn't available?

Sponsored Links
No, it's not, because that would require manufacturers to reveal commercially sensitive data.

Actually there was an independent British Standards audit of the manufacturers reliability I was told about around 9 years ago. I was asked to include it in the training courses but said I couldn't as nobody would believe me.

Domestic and General also run a survey annually of all the maunfacturers of white goods they warranty, includes washing machines etc reliability, service etc. They only tell a manufacturer their own position, not the position of any other manufacturer. The company I work for usually come second or third (we believe Miele come first) last year we came first. All the boilers are included are are always we're told beneath us.

Domestic and General also run a survey annually
David I used to do D&G breakdown work and we would get the results of the surveys sent out, they were not worth the paper they were written on, there was no comparison between the amount of call outs compared to the number of that boiler on cover, Ravenheat used to come first every year as hardly any were fitted at that time

Sponsored Links
Well it's something I'm told we're pleased about as we've a lot more boilers out there and we do a lot of D&G work direct engines. Enough to go up to some big gala dinner in London each year that I don't get invited to.

Well it's something I'm told we're pleased about as we've a lot more boilers out there and we do a lot of D&G work direct engines. Enough to go up to some big gala dinner in London each year that I don't get invited to.
I have been twice and it is a great freebie, D&G do a customer survey after every visit and I came 1st two years running in Scotland so you get an invite down,no expense spared they really push the boat out .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back