Would installers have problems if I supply my own combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi awaiting quotes from local installers in north Manchester (not exactly queuing at my front door) to fit a new combi system into my house and have been lucky enough to meet someone from Bosch who can get the WB 28i Junior at staff discount.
Daft question - would installers object to this and prefer to source their own or does it make no difference to them?
Also why would an installer refuse to supply me with an itemised quote?

Sponsored Links
The choice of boiler and especially a combi depends on many factors.

Personally I'd object yet another won't. Don't moan when you get bitten if the latter happens.

Dunno about the installing but If I was you I would put the Cdi in not the junior the Cdi is a better boiler and gives better hot water flow

Sponsored Links
Hi awaiting quotes from local installers in north Manchester (not exactly queuing at my front door)

Queuing at your door, where do live at a job centre? :LOL:

Mmmmm.....that might be because they are actually working hard and busy running a business, I swear some people think we just sit at home waiting for joe blogs to ring and are eternally grateful that they have given us the opportunity to quote for their job.

Hi awaiting quotes from local installers in north Manchester (not exactly queuing at my front door) to fit a new combi system into my house and have been lucky enough to meet someone from Bosch who can get the WB 28i Junior at staff discount.
Daft question - would installers object to this and prefer to source their own or does it make no difference to them?

think off the scenario

your fitter fits it fully correctly it breaks down who do you call??

its your boiler so your responsibility if it fails ??

Quite simply because we know from experience that any customer who asks for an itemised quote with separate prices ( which is what I expect you really mean ) is going to be a timewaster!

Let me ask you, why would you want one?

I'd fit it, but as big-all has suggested, it'd be on the understanding that you supplied it so any issues with it are your responsibility and not mine. I'd also be interested as to how the warranty would work out for you considering you're obtaining it through an unofficial source.

Go for a CDi not the inferior Junior

What sort of itemised quote do you want, IE what kind of detail are you asking for? It's normal to just give a total price for parts and labour combined, if you're wanting to know what every fitting costs then it's not surprising nobody wants to quote, busy people don't have the time to break down costs that much for every customer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back