installing a bath, toilet and basin, realistic charge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im after a new bath, toilet and basin to be installed in my bathroom, to replace the tired looking ones i have, i dont require any decorating to be done, all 3 items are going in the same location as the old ones are, all have the water, waste etc, so unless im missing something its a simple case of old out new in, ive had 3 people out to give quotes, 1 said £590, one said £900 and the third said it wasnt worth his while...... would you consider these prices to be reasonable or over the top, to be honest i would of expected around the £300 mark, as its a days work at most? and im supplying all fittings etc, or am i being a tight wad and 600 - 900 is a good price?

thanks for any advice (im in gloucester if a plumber here wants to give a quote :) )

jason

Sponsored Links
I think your quotes are a little high.

without seeing is hard to judge.

If it took 8 hours with minimal fittings I would say £400 + vat.

Sponsored Links
There are few self-respecting tradesmen that would automatically fit to existing supply and waste pipes without checking them out first. A majority would wish to replace or personalize existing pipework.

You the customer would be the first to complain, even though you insisted they do so, if it turned out there were problems with these existing items later on.

Upwards of £500 seems sensible.

It will be the quality of the work that determines whether your £500 was either foolishly or well spent. Ask some friends for recommendations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back