Installing a summerhouse TECHNICAL ISSUES and SOLUTIONS

It might become a huge building/planning/water concern to you.

Doesn't matter these are all technical issues not relevant for planning or building regs thus far. This is still in POC.

Seems ADMIN HELLO ADMIN aren't listening.

Perhaps i need to offend one of the trolls on here before they listen?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bernarnd a nice idea, if only it was that easy our own septic tank is say over 250metres away at the front of the house, absolute PIA running a sewage pipe that far.
Once youve dug 185m, how much more of a pain is it to go another 65?

But it is what it is. If having your own sewage treatment plant isnt feasible, then either a connection to your existing ST or a 2nd one local to the building are the only options.

And I find it hard to see that a sewage treatment plant makes sense for a summerhouse.

Doesn't need to be (100mm) sewer pipe, if I recall correctly our pipe was about 50 mm OD
Even if i could squeeze their turds into microbore it would still be a PIA ;)

200+metre tiny pipe now stuffed up with clogged kitchen roll somewhere between the start and finish. No tanks.

Sponsored Links
OK lets call it a summer lodge.
When we think about all the services, and the need for disposing of/treating sewage from 2-3 people, Im wondering if we should call it a dwelling.

But it is what it is. If having your own sewage treatment plant isnt feasible, then either a connection to your existing ST or a 2nd one local to the building are the only options.

And I find it hard to see that a sewage treatment plant makes sense for a summerhouse.

I would happier dig a sewage treatment plant 5metres away and let nature do the rest. Its going to be used frequently by friends and family, as we have a large family and some will be staying for weeks plus at a time.

with the sewage treatment, the op doesn't have to dig 185 meters, it can be relatively close to the summer house

The grifter macerates the sewage before it gets into the pump
For sure i hear you but still it's a hell of a run if it does fail. Ive dealt with macerators in the past.

I will stick with local STP for sewage thanks all same for this idea.

My main concerns are water supply and energy.

Perhaps i need to offend one of the trolls on here before they listen?
Who here do you think has posted inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking people into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception for their own amusement? Or even just purposefully causing confusion or harm to other users for no reason at all?

Can you show the relevant posts?

Its going to be used frequently by friends and family, as we have a large family and some will be staying for weeks plus at a time.
In that case every single technical issue has to be considered and solved in the context that you will need both planning permission and building regs approval.

another option for the water supply, you could take it from the house but so as to not affect the house water pressure, you could install an accumulator for the main house pressure, this will keep the pressure constant in the house regardless of whats happening down at the summer house/boat house/ dwelling/ holiday cabin (gone through all options to cover the pedantics of the forum)

Who here do you think has posted inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking people into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception for their own amusement? Or even just purposefully causing confusion or harm to other users for no reason at all?

Can you show the relevant posts?
Ok.
You are one click away from ignore honestly you've contributed nothing on this thread. No wait you've split hairs over my definition of said building. Now please if you have nothing constructive to bring to this debate please go back to GD or wherever you feel most appreciated. Thankyou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back