Installing ACO channel help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m at the point where I can now install my ACO drainage channel

The aco is going where the green line is and blue is the drainage run

f1780cf7-e8da-4b73-852f-755d7d3577d0.jpeg

Is it best to install the aco Channel on a bed of concrete first and then connect it up, or is it best to do some form of dry fit first, before concreting the channel in?

I will obviously not concrete around the outlet area until I’ve installed all of the drainage run

Is it best practice to concrete around the drainage pipe that comes out of ACO outlet once it is in place/connected up? Cheers

Sponsored Links
I’m at the point where I can now install my ACO drainage channel

The aco is going where the green line is and blue is the drainage run

View attachment 333261

Is it best to install the aco Channel on a bed of concrete first and then connect it up, or is it best to do some form of dry fit first, before concreting the channel in?

I will obviously not concrete around the outlet area until I’ve installed all of the drainage run

Is it best practice to concrete around the drainage pipe that comes out of ACO outlet once it is in place/connected up? Cheers
Do a dry run with the outlet aco. Set up the pipe and the outlet aco so that they are in their final positions. If you are happy and all the joints are sealed (and you've figured out a trap), then concrete them in place along with his aco mates either side.

We'd likely just run a concrete race up to the pipe each side, leaving a workable gap for the pipe and jointing. We'd perhaps set the concrete a bed joint lower, so that we can bed the aco's into some mortar. All depends how and what we are doing and if we say have some concrete on the go.

If I'm all set up and ready to go then I'd just bed the acos straight onto some wet (but not slumpy) concrete.

Do a dry run with the outlet aco. Set up the pipe and the outlet aco so that they are in their final positions. If you are happy and all the joints are sealed (and you've figured out a trap), then concrete them in place along with his aco mates either side.

We'd likely just run a concrete race up to the pipe each side, leaving a workable gap for the pipe and jointing. We'd perhaps set the concrete a bed joint lower, so that we can bed the aco's into some mortar. All depends how and what we are doing and if we say have some concrete on the go.

If I'm all set up and ready to go then I'd just bed the acos straight onto some wet (but not slumpy) concrete.

Cheers. I do think I may need a trap, what trap would you use in this situation?

Can the trap go anywhere on the run (from where I’m connecting to old clay pipe to new aco outlet) or does it have to go as close to the aco as possible?

Would one of these be suitable to use?

IMG_3259.png

Cheers. I do think I may need a trap, what trap would you use in this situation?

Can the trap go anywhere on the run (from where I’m connecting to old clay pipe to new aco outlet) or does it have to go as close to the aco as possible?

Would one of these be suitable to use?

View attachment 333354
Yes, perfect. You can buy an aco adapter that push-fits straight in.

Sponsored Links
Where would I get this from? And how would they fit within the pipework system? Is that the aco adaptor that will go into that p trap?

It’s my first but if underground drainage so sorry for all the questions
We can get Aco fittings from a local builders' merchants, off the shelf. it's where I saw the square adapter thingy. Not cheap but saves a lot of faff and pain trying to seal with mortar.

Just had a thought. I’m connecting into the sewer that collects both rain water and kitchen sink/bath water etc, the soil pipe runs into a different sewer by the looks of it because I can see the soil pipe going across the area where I’m connecting aco into. I’m in a 1902 terraces house

Do I need a trap even though it’s rainwater sewer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back