Installing and plumbing a vanity unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need to install a vanity unit and am a bit confused!!!

Its the type that has a large ceramic sink that covers the whole unit, no worktop.

Looking at the unit itself that is already built, there is a void at the back that I assume is to hide the pipe work and waste so you can not see it when the doors are opened.

I can bring the copper and waste up through the floor near the wall so that is will fit into the void, but how do I connect the waste and taps to it? with the unit in place against the wall and the sink onto, I wont be able to access the pipework :rolleyes:

The mixers come with flexi hoses, but these are ot long enough to connect to the copper then push the unit back which was my first thought, even if they were I am still stumped regarding the waste.

Thinking about it thhe trap would have to be in the unit and visible as it connects in the middle of the sink, would I drill a hole in the thin ply at the back and brink the waste through this to connect to the trap inside the middle cupboard?

Sorry this is so long, am thinking about it as I am typing!!!!!

Look forward to your advice.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I did one this week and had to screw the back off, do the waste ,fit the flexipipes and then replace the back.. wasn't much of a problem however if your unit is glued together it might not be possible....

The ply goes right along the complete width of the unit, then there is a void I mentioned behind it which is about 100mm deep. By the look of it the ply is stapled to the frame so not sure removing it is possible.

Thanks for the advice any further thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back