Installing Electrics in Loft.. HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

I'm planning on boarding my loft so i can keep my drum kit up there, i was wondering what would be the easyest way to add electrics to the loft, for lighting a few power points for laptops etc. Whats the legal regulations?

At the moment there is an extension cable that runs up there to power a network hub, would i be able to do somthing like this?

Thank you!!!! :)

Jacob

Sponsored Links
For the Lighting in the loft, you could run it off from the upstairs lighting circuit.

For the sockets you could run it off from the upstairs socket circuit, by extending the ring circuit into the loft.

If you dont have a problem with the extension lead, theres nothing wrong with the idea. You're unlikely to overload it with the appliances you describe.

And run the lighting from the upstairs lighting circuit.

Storing the drum kit is one thing, playing it is something else and not really advisable in a loft.

Sponsored Links
Deluks said:
Storing the drum kit is one thing, playing it is something else and not really advisable in a loft.

at least not without proper flooring, not just boarding it out, ceiling joists aren`t usually made for a floor, and definatly not for a drum kit being played

timtheenchanter said:
Deluks said:

at least not without proper flooring, not just boarding it out, ceiling joists aren`t usually made for a floor, and definatly not for a drum kit being played

I was thinking more about the neighbours, (and anybody else within 200 metres) :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back