Installing Hive Multizone to Ideal Logic 35 with 2x ESRTP4 thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Apologies if this is in the wrong area just looking for some quick advice.

I want to replace our multizone thermostats (2x ESRTP4 ESi) http://www.esicontrols.co.uk/esrtp4.html
with two Hive systems which will connect to our Ideal Logic 35 combi boiler.

Ive had a look through the manuals but wanted to double check the wiring. The ESi currently have two cables each, one to COM and one to ON as shown in the two first pictures.

6CD16A4E-59FB-4C65-BF6F-C9B807FA5083.jpeg

5A93ADAF-1DAD-4FC0-A94B-0F302F808C65.jpeg

The documents for the Hive wiring show a lot more connections including a permanant live which I dont have but from some previous reading people have said to connect COM to 1 on the hive image below and ON to 3 and I should be good.

A145C5C2-AD3B-4089-BD33-E3001EB6B12E.png

Does that look right to everyone before I purchase these or will I need a live as well?

Thanks for any help!!

Sponsored Links
Yes Hive does need a permanent Live to the receiver.

If you're just looking for two zone control you'd be better off with a Honeywell T6R-HW and a second thermostat unit. It can then be connected using the much more efficient OpenTherm wiring.

Be aware that any work on an Ideal Logic which requires removal of the front case (so essentially all work on the boiler) should only be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer due to the design of the boiler casing

Thanks for the reply

I have no intention of removing the boilers cover so dknt worry, I know my limits.

Thanks for the advice on the other model ill have a look at that.

I did find another post with a similar layout and circuit diagram to follow that i was going to check. There is a third cable at each wired thermostat that is blanked/terminated off which im guessing is the neutral so I should be able to do somethjng similar to the below diagram from the other thread using the three cables available but ill need to check the current wiring again.

15716A76-ED15-4C2D-BBC8-9F0A450778A0.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back