Installing Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Need some help on installing electric hob in worktop. Under the worktop I have, amongst others, a 400 base unit, next a 500 drwer unit and then another 400 base unit. B & Q say I can just drop the hob in the worktop and it will fit. However, the hob is larger than the units and will sit on the side panels and top rails. The worktop is 40mm thick but the hob is 48mm plus the instructions ask for 10mm gap above the cabinet. Don't think I can move the rails lower, because of drawers, also I would have to cut the side panels of all three units. hope the above details are clear enough and wil result in a simple solution. Thanks for help
:oops:

Sponsored Links
You'll have to cut into the sides of the cabinets below then. If it calls for a 10mm gap, you must go down 18mm. This shouldn't weaken the cabinets.

Had exactly that problem and was a little peeved to say the least!

I had all my cabinets and worktops in place and pretty much had to butcher the cabinet to make it fit.

At least I am not alone :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Had exactly that problem and was a little peeved to say the least!

I had all my cabinets and worktops in place and pretty much had to butcher the cabinet to make it fit.

At least I am not alone :LOL:

If you plan the kitchen, you can have it so the hob is above 1 cabinet, but the good thing is that you can put the hob exactly where you want it, ok so you have to cut a side panel, thats why its a fitted kitchen.

I have to buy trousers & cut the legs :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back