Installing lintel above window

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why would you fit a concrete lintel in a brick skin, it will look crap? What are you doing for the inner skin of timber frame (a few beefy timbers?)and what will be supporting it at each new jamb that you're creating? Getting information out of you is like puling teeth.

Last edited:
Why don't you just buy a proprietary steel lintel?
I have wondered that. Because the council are being so obstructive, I will see if the builder will change this. To be fair on on the side of the house which nobody will see but I totally understand.

Why would you fit a concrete lintel in a brick skin, it will look crap? What are you doing for the inner skin of timber frame (a few beefy timbers?)and what will be supporting it at each new jamb that you're creating? Getting information out of you is like puling teeth.
I'm not a builder and the information I'm getting is from him. I have been told that the inner skin will be a timber kit.

Getting information out of you is like puling teeth.
Don't need to be so rude bud, I've had family issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back