Installing Mira flight low profile shower ready

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - after some advice on a new shower tray

i want to fit a Mira flight square tray. The instructions say bed on 5:1 cement bed - which is fine.

it’s to be installed on ground floor, concrete but I’ll need to rise it up to install waste. I also need to run a waste pipe under the tray to pick up the washing machine waste.

I’m not sure on the riser kits - I don’t think they look great - but maybe they are better than I imagine? They look like the tray could move/flex?!

what are my options with regards to a plywood riser on a solid base (from 65mm concrete brick for example) with the 5:1 bed on top of this?

cheers
Phil

Sponsored Links
If its on a concrete floor use breeze blocks cut them to the depth you want minus 10mm for compo on top of the breeze.

Dry fit it and mark through the trap hole to position the waste. Make all your waste connections then fit the tray. Riser kits u/s you'll need trim to Cover around the tray.

Unless you can get a nominal fall on the waste pipe then I would avoid sharing it with the washing machine. If there are any restrictions or issues then the pumped waste water will fill your shower.

Riser kits are lousy things and always end up moving.

Just make sure the base is dead level and solid and the top is very secure into the block so there is no movement later down the line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back