Installing Nest Gen 3 to danfoss tp9000si help

The thermostat is a danfoss rmt230.

Should I bridge the connection like I drew in photo?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, from rmt230 instruction the wiring is identified as:

4 is Neutral
1 is Com
2 is On

To answer your question about the bridge, I would need to know what the other end of each of the wires was connected to in order to answer. All brown wires look the same and the colours chosen for each function would be at the discretion of the original installer. I cannot guess where they go. Whilst there are terminal markings in the lid of the wiring centre, in practice many installers don't adhere to them, and to assume that they have done would be foolhardy. So unfortunately your photo doesn't really help much.

Having said that, I can show you what to do.

The Heatlink should be wired as per the diagram in my earlier post. Next you need to find the other end of the wire that currently goes to the thermostat. Before you disconnect it at the end away from the thermostat, note where the red and yellow wires go then when you remove them, replace them with a link. The diagram below will take you through the 3 steps required to decommission the wiring and reinstate it as the 12v supply to the Nest thermostat. [The terminals may not be conveniently next to each other together as I have drawn them] The blue wire is no longer needed and should be insulated and tucked out of the way.

Drawing1.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back