installing shower tray in ensuite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a shower tray in the main bathroom which is on adjustable legs with a skirt covering the void.
I am about to install a shower tray in an ensuite and really would like to have the tray on the floor rather than having to step up into the shower. Obvously you need to get to the waste connection. I was planning to tile the floor so an access hatch would not be easy. Can you get a shower tray with a large waste hole that you can access the waste if you do have a problem in the future?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Can you get a shower tray with a large waste hole that you can access the waste if you do have a problem in the future?

Don;t think so.

Raise it and use a shallow trap. :D

Use a trap with a removable center grill so you can clean it.

It is normally a requirement to have a 75mm trap seal on showers; unless you are running the waste into a hopper where the shallow traps comply.

If you run the waste with the correct gradients, use long bends, solvent weld fittings (without excessive solvent) you will not have problems.

Consider the routing of the waste.... Cutting a 3" deep notch in joists to accommodate the pipework is not a good idea.

Sponsored Links
The joists run across the room so I wont havr to cut a joist I can run the pipe straight out the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back