Installing Texecom Connect SmartCom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm after some advice please guys.

I have a Texecom Ricochet alarm system and I'm thinking of buying the Connect SmartCom and installing it myself. Has anyone got experience of fitting one and how difficult is it? I believe I my need to update the firmware on both the SmartCom and my control panel (Premier Elite 64W) so I will need the USB -Com Interface and the Flash Interface PCB. Are there any instructions on updating firmware and where can I find the latest patches? Final question, can it be done using a MacBook or is a Windows laptop required.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Press menu 4 on keypad v4 and above ok otherwise it needs flashing ... only ever done it from windows laptop ....

Thanks Sparkymarka, it's v3.01.02LS1 so it will need flashing. Is it easy enough to do if I buy the Flash interface above?

There are instructions on how to flash the panel, it is possible to damage the pcb but most manage it okay.

Sponsored Links
Question related to this thread please. I've bought the Smart Com and installed it but when I try and configure it, the 'SmartCom' option is not available on Com Port 1. Is it because I need to flash the panel and install the latest version of the software? If so, is there any way I can do it without buying JAC-0001 and is there anything else I need in order to do the flash?

Thanks

you need the usb com lead, the premier elite flasher and the firmware from Texecom

or get someone in to flash it for you, which will probably cost more than the parts as everything has to be defaulted and relearned if wireless etc etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back