Insulated lining paper - how to better hide the joins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently hung some insulated lining paper on our external wall in the spare room. Its approx 4mm thick polystyrene-backed paper.

Have never used this before and but the inevitable joins between the thick sections of wallpaper are quite visible.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do to minimise their appearance before painting?

I had thought maybe plasterboard tape but not sure how that would look you might just see the plasterboard tape strips then...

Any slight dent in the edge of the paper shows up very clearly when butted against the adjoining piece which is quite annoying!

Thanks very much

Daz

Sponsored Links
Horrible stuff IMO. I only used it a handful of times (at customer's request) and then used a lightweight filler over the joints followed by another layer of lining paper on top. It depends on how good a finish you want as to whether you re-line, but filled joints painted directly will almost always be visible from some angles.

Hi thanks for your help. Yes I agree horrible stuff definitely not in a rush to be using it again...

That makes sense i will have a go at filling the joints with lightweight filler and if it looks awful will re line with normal lining paper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back