Insulating a single brick wall without kingspan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have a single brick build detached garage at the back of my garden i have put in stud work at 75mm width for the walls with the intention of using kingspan but its biblically expensive so i was wondering what else i could use theres a semi permable membrame facing the walls followed by insulation (kingspan or not) followed by plastic non permeable membrame followed by plaster board i am using jablite 100mm for a floating floor and was going to use 100mm kingspan in the roof but i am trying to save money with the walls dont want to use jablite wondering if 75mm rockwool slabs are ok ? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Try celotex or similar. Most seem to be cheaper than kingspan.

Thanks for the reply im looking on line and celotex and kingspan are approx £9 per square metre so i was wondering if there was an alternative to the extruded pir board or whatever these are cheers

Sponsored Links
Cheers thanks for that so really it need to be kingspan just hunt around for broken and cheaper stuff cheers

My builders used Quinn Therm for my loft, so I assume that must be another cheaper option.

I honestly have no idea how these prices compare, but I am guessing these pallets are cheaper than buying off the shelf
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/quinn-therm

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Check these guys out as well. Rockwool will be chaeper, but it won't give you the same warmth as celoted type stuff does.

Work out the payback period for the price of the insulation and the cost of heating the garage. You probably don't want the scimp now and pay more in heating it.

Celotex is about twice as good for the thickness than polystyrene or wool, but about ten times the price.
If the rest of the detailing in the garage is really good it might be worth the celotex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back