Insulating Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section, but I'm looking to insulate my shed to store some tools in it. It's built using 44x44mm framing but most insulation seems to be 25 or 50mm. Will the 25mm work? Or will having a gap between it and the board I'll put over the top reduce or eliminate it's effect?

Or could I squeeze 50mm in there? Will it compress by 6mm? I'm only planning on using a cheap polystyrene board.

And, how would I insulate the roof and floor? Do I need to?

Sponsored Links
outside cladding 12-25mm space breathable membrane insulation internal finnish

outside cladding 12-25mm space breathable membrane insulation internal finnish

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your reply.

Do you mean, it'll be fine to have the 25mm gap between the insulation and the internal board?

Sponsored Links
between outside cladding and breathable membrane you have a 12-25mm gap
between breathable membrane and internal cladding you have your insulation
you can add batons to the timbers you give you additional space for thicker insulation and or extra air gap
its better you have as near to 25mm air gap as possible to avoid the insulation pushing the membrane into the air gap or touch the cladding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back