integrated freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just had my plans back for my new kitchen so now can plan where all sockets,switches etc are going,where the freezer is going is against a side wall and on the other side the ven is virtually rightnext to it(20mm approx gap) and there is not enough room behind the appliance to fit a socket.
the kitchen is a shell at the moment could i recess the socket into the breezeblock as so the plug will be flush to the wall when in socket?

thanks Nick

Sponsored Links
Hello Bignall1982,

Could you not have a point of isolation above the worktop and a connection plate below ? It wouldn't stick out so far .

Ed

hi, yes im using 20 a dp switches above worktop for all my appliances, dont really want to use a fcu that i have to wire straight into though on the freezer just wanted to know if there is a reg that says how far i can recess my back box into the wall as so i can have the plug flush to the wall when fitted, all other sockets for appliances will go in cupboards but i a wall one side of the freezer and an oven the other side and draws to the side of the oven so im stuck i need to have the socket behind the appliance, sorry if thats a bit long winded

Sponsored Links
you'd need the front of the socket to sit a good 30mm back from the surrounding wall surface to fit the plug, and you'd have to recess larger than the socket below to allow for flex..

doing that you're mist likely to end up screwing the backbox onto the outer skin of the wall since you'll dig most of the inner brick out..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back