Interbuild..'discounts'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone spot the 'special show one off :rolleyes: discounts on tools?

At one point the police were called to hold back hoards of builders, carpenters, plumbers, painters, plasterers who were clambering over each other to get in to the exibition.

Actually...the reality of it..

There were countless stands selling stuff and 'special prices'....one stand were flogging saws at their 'special price'..or rather trying to, after one punter pointed out that they were cheaper on the screwfix stand! :LOL:

These companies must think the guys in the trade are soooooo stupid.

Hardly anyone was buyinh and those that did would have been gutted when they got home and checked the prices on the net!

Sponsored Links
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Says the bloke who used to go to work in a stagecoach!!! :p

As it happens there were no painting and decorating stands there...I pointed this out to a colleague to reminded me of the fact that it was a TRADE show after all!!!

Barsteward!..I walked into that one didnt I!! :evil:

Says the bloke who used to go to work in a stagecoach!!! :p
Was confused for a minute there - around these parts, a stagecoach is a bus. Call me a cowboy will ya. Get off yer horse and drink yer gawd damned magnolia milkshake!

Sponsored Links
I was looking for a sheet of 12mm MDF and some 4x2, but could not get any anywhere - which seemed odd for a supposedly trade show.

Some guys were trying to sell us a 3D mouse with some software for a special, very low 'show price' but only if we agreed it there and then. We decided not to bother and lo and behold we get back to the office - you could get the software and the mouse seperately for just £3 more than their special, very low show price. Not only that but this week we've had some correspondance from them offering the same 'show price' which is now available until the end of November.

If this is 3Dconnexion's SpaceNavigator mouse, then the cheapest place was Amazon when I got one last year

Woody - didn't want to be the one to mention any names but yes. Can't remember where i saw it now but definately cheap on the net - could have been Amazon. What software do you use yours with and how useful do you find it?

We also endured a five minute speech from a guy determined to get us to sign up for his floor tile laying course - presumably the word Architect on our badges confused him a bit? Although i would have loved to go on the course i don't think it really relates too closely to our line of work.

I bought it for Sketchup, AutoCad and Revit (but it does not work with Revit yet). Also use it with Google Earth and Photoshop.

TBH, it works well with Google Earth as this is just all you need, but with the other software, its no easier/productive than a wheel mouse and shortcuts on the keyboard.

The problem is that ideally we need three hands, and in use you will just have the mouse in your main hand and instinctively use the keyboard with the other hand - letting go of the space mouse.

Cheers Woody - good to get the opinion of someone who actually uses the thing and isn't trying to sell them!

Sorry everyone else for wandering off the OP topic!

presumably the word Architect on our badges confused him a bit?

I spotted a bloke clocking my badge while I was looking at a floor and window protection plastic stuff..

He came over and started telling me about it then saud 'so, are you some kind of lecturer in a college?'

I laughed and said 'good guess'..he come back with 'we'll you get to know people in the this of job'

:eek:

(nothing to do with reading the name badge then! :rolleyes:

I bought it for Sketchup, AutoCad and Revit (but it does not work with Revit yet). Also use it with Google Earth and Photoshop.

TBH, it works well with Google Earth as this is just all you need, but with the other software, its no easier/productive than a wheel mouse and shortcuts on the keyboard.

The problem is that ideally we need three hands, and in use you will just have the mouse in your main hand and instinctively use the keyboard with the other hand - letting go of the space mouse.

does anyone want a free copy of autocad.

Sponsored Links
Back