interesting conservatory fit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi been reading the forums for a bit so thought i better start posting! my job is to fix manufacturing faults with conservatories that our company supply, but sometimes i get called out to inspect bad fitting jobs and this is one of my favourites!
bodge.jpg

yep thats the conservatory fitted over the kitchen window! i dont know who fitted it, but the woman who lived their seemed totally oblivious that conservatories are not meant to be fitted like this!

Sponsored Links
Did it get fixed? How? I'm guessing the easiest way would be to move the kitchen window? Or move the entire conservatory a bit to the right! :LOL:

to be honest i have no idea! as it was a fitting fault rather than manufacturing fault we dont touch it.the conservatory couldnt be moved to the right as it was literally butted up against the fence and the guttering was connected over next doors! he fitted it like that as there was a drain to the left of the conservatory which he should have moved but took the easy option. had to tell the poor woman to either get the fitter back to refit, or leave it with the acro prop in!

Flippin heck that is absolutely unbelievable! :eek:

Looks like the guy (or the woman) underestimated on the area measurements! Why didn't she just get someone to move the window? Makes me wonder how people think they could get away with something as bad as this (if it was his fault of course)!

Sponsored Links
i take it the conservatory is on runners so that when you open the window the whole thing slides with it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it looks like that but the sill is untouched, the door frame is about 4" away from the window, and he just got some plastic trim and cut it to fit round the window sill!

If you are still in contact with the owner of this "interesting" fit I would like to advise that having those keys hanging in clear view is not sensible.

If thieves can hook a bunch of keys of a shelf in the hall and out through a letter box to take the car then those keys are a give away.

If thieves can hook a bunch of keys of a shelf in the hall and out through a letter box to take the car then those keys are a give away.

Since when did PVCu glazed doors have letter boxes? Hehe :D

ha, not many conservatories have letter boxes, but there would be a fairly easy way to get them keys but obviously i won't mention that on here. I did mention to the home owner that it might be best to not keep the keys there. Wether she took heed to that i'm not sure.

derv1980 said:
I did mention to the home owner that it might be best to not keep the keys there. Wether she took heed to that i'm not sure.

She probably didn't. Some people believe they are immune from crime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back