Interesting "Fake News" targetted ads by "vote leave" campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey.

All four countries have been in accession talks to join EU

so they have all applied to join the EU.

Hardly fake news

Sponsored Links
And yes leave ran a better campaign.

"better" in notchspeak meaning "full of lies and deceit"

And now the Brexit Omnishambles is unravelling like the lies of a window salesman.

You can fool 52% of the people 52% of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Sponsored Links
According to notch, the referendum was not binding.

Sod

Are you suggesting that the lies about Turkey would not appeal to racists?

I've shown you the Leave advert that falsely suggests 76 million Turks will move to UK.
Can you show me a Leave advert that says "under EU rules, EU citizens have the right to travel to another EU country for work; and if they don't find it, that country has the right to send them home after three months (if, unlike the UK, it can be bothered)?"

and

"Under EU rules, any existing member can veto the application of an outside country to join the EU?"
I am not suggesting anything. I don't know why you are so fond of trying to put words in my mouth.

I wonder where the remain camp were with their "Under EU rules, EU citizens have the right etc" posters to counteract the lies were.

Don't get me wrong, this is an interesting post, it's shocking what went on. I just wish you didn't bang on about racists for people who have, rightly or wrongly, concerns about immigration. Perhaps had they been better informed from the start, the type of lies told in those posters wouldn't have worked so well.

If concerns about immigration had been addressed by remainers, instead of calling anybody that dared mention immigration a racist, we wouldnt be where are today
There is an element of truth in this imo.

bang on about racists

Some of the people who voted for Brexit were racists.

Some of the anti-immigrant people are racists.

Does that surprise you?

Do you want to deny it?

Who do you think the Leave campaign were trying to attract with this lying advert?

VoteLeaveTurkey.jpg

Some of the people who voted for Brexit were racists.

Some of the anti-immigrant people are racists.

Does that surprise you?

Do you want to deny it?
Some of the people who voted Brexit weren't racists.
Some of the anti-immigration people aren't racists.
Does that surprise you?
Do you want to deny it?

Some of the people who voted Brexit weren't racists.
Some of the anti-immigration people aren't racists.
Does that surprise you?
Do you want to deny it?

I have not denied it.

I have not claimed that all Quitters are Racists.

I can, however, say that I have not yet come across a racist who is not a Quitter.

Who do you think the Leave campaign were trying to attract with this lying advert?

VoteLeaveTurkey.jpg

According to many other, more level-headed people, anyone who was concerned about immigration.
It was still trying to scare them into more intense anti-immigrant, anti-foreigner sentiments. And it obviously worked.
In which case, if they are so gullible, they can hardly be called "level headed".

Not to mention the other lies.

According to you, racists.

I am not suggesting anything. I don't know why you are so fond of trying to put words in my mouth. What a coincidence that they didn't mention the 81million people in Germany, which, unlike Turkey, actually IS a member of the EU. There must be something about Turkey that makes it more frightening to Quitters than Germany. So much so that it outweighs the fact that Turkey has a smaller population; and is not a member of the EU; and any existing member of the EU (such as the UK, or any of the others) can veto its application, if, in some far-distant days, it becomes a country that meets the EU eligibility standards.

Why do YOU think that the Leave advert homed in on Turkey?

I expect they raised awareness of a country with a terrible human rights record were trying to join the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back