Intergas HRE combo boiler hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having trouble getting hot water. The boiler is a Intergas HRE and the water coming out is Luke warm.
I haven’t got a manual as I’ve not long moved in.
Any ideas please. Kind regards Dave

Sponsored Links
From intergas -

No hot water – combination boiler
If you have cold or lukewarm water coming from your tap, there could be a number of reasons:

The hot water tap may be too far open. Reduce the water flow until the temperature increases to a satisfactory level.

The boiler has been switched off; this is shown as a red dash (–) on the front of the boiler.

The hot water temperature on the boiler display may need to be increased. Press the temperature symbol twice so the green light is on the tap symbol, the hot water temperature is then shown in the display. Simply press the + button to increase the temperature (or the – button to decrease the temperature); once completed, press the reset button once so the letter P is displayed for a second.

Thank you Turbo, also on the display it shows 0.5. Does the pressure need increasing and if so how do I increase it?

Pressure should be 1bar but this is just for the heating circuit.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Turbo and everyone. I’ve increased the pressure to 1.5 and hot water and heating in working order. You learn something everyday and no one said life was easy. Thanks again for your quick and informative response.
Kind regards Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 95
Pressure should be 1bar but this is just for the heating circuit.
Vast majority of combi boilers I know of need pressure for the boiler to deliver hot water as it’s the heating circuit that provides the heat to transfer via the plate heat exchanger :)

Usually but the Intergas doesn't use a diverter valve nor the pump to send the heating circuit water through a separate plate HEX to heat the cold water up.

The IG's have a large single HEX and it has the copper mains water pipes (and the heating circuit pipes too)embedded into it, the flow switch detects the HW demand and fires up the burner, it heats the HEX and the embedded pipes, heating up the water. Very simple and effective design IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Vast majority of combi boilers I know of need pressure for the boiler to deliver hot water as it’s the heating circuit that provides the heat to transfer via the plate heat exchanger :)

Depends on the age mate. If it’s an ERP boiler it will shut down the DHW output if low pressure is registered the earlier ones didn’t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back