Intergas HRE SB 30 - Call for CH and DHW individually?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Intergas HRE SB 30 running an unvented tank for DHW and a 16 Zone UFH system. I completed the wiring last night and it's all working fine.

However, the boiler has a DHW and CH mode which you can program for individual temperatures, but i can't see a way to call them individually? Right now i have all the boiler calls on the X2 connector Pin 1, which is the 230v LS. This always fires the boiler up in CH mode and the programmed CH temperature.

Ideally i would like to call CH and DHW individually, as the UFH is at around 45degrees, while DHW is at 65+.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Elliot

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I had a bet with myself that would be the first question out the gate, £20 up and it's not even 9AM, result! Oh wait a minute...

I'm not, Dan, no, but my gas safe engineer is, otherwise i'd have to call him just 'engineer', which would be odd. I'm also not a registered sparky. Both of my gas and electricity tradesmen have been consulted and will check my final work. My gas safe engineer installed the boiler and checked it first, and i've completed the S plan wiring.

Now that's out of the way, any advice? I know you're the 'Dan the Intergas man', as it was on your recommendation i went that way.

As we explain all the time.... You're not the only one that reads the advice on these pages and you're dealing with controlled appliances. You could be the best diyer in the world and better than the average installer, we don't know, and someone else might misinterpret the advice given and cause actual harm.

Everyone thinks they're special, few are.

Your gas engineer should be doing this work so best get him to register for the Combustion Chamber section of the forum and he'll be able to get the diagrams he needs.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have an Intergas HRE SB 30 running an unvented tank for DHW and a 16 Zone UFH system. I completed the wiring last night and it's all working fine.

However, the boiler has a DHW and CH mode which you can program for individual temperatures, but i can't see a way to call them individually? Right now i have all the boiler calls on the X2 connector Pin 1, which is the 230v LS. This always fires the boiler up in CH mode and the programmed CH temperature.

Ideally i would like to call CH and DHW individually, as the UFH is at around 45degrees, while DHW is at 65+.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Elliot

The answer is that yes, it is very much possible, but it requires your installer to have installed a 3-port diverter valve in your system and purchased a cylinder sensor 065117 for the boiler. You then need to wire it up differently to how you have done, and change some parameters in the engineers' settings on the boiler. You also need to be absolutely certain you haven't mixed high and low voltages before you switch it on, as you need to use both sides of the board and it's not terribly difficult to get that wrong! This is why it's not discussed amongst DIYers - there's too much risk of you getting it wrong and killing the boilers' PCB. As above - the required wiring diagrams are available to Gas Safe Registered engineers, and signing up to the Combustion Chamber forum here is one way of obtaining them

Thanks for your info guys. I appreciate what you're saying and can understand that as you don't know me at all, you don't know how clued up i am. I'm by no means special, but in this context i am pretty clued up, more than competent enough in electrics and electronics to understand what i need to do safely complete the wiring of the system, which i have done, fully tested to ensure the DHW is shutting off when at temp. The system itself is quite large, 2 tanks, 2 8 port manifolds - fun to wire though!

I will speak to my gas safe engineer about moving to a 3 port. He is extremely competent on the plumbing and gas side, but has never wired up a UFH system and cylinders like this before. At the moment i have 4 x 2 port valves, one one each manifold and one on each cylinder. This is working fine, and i think has the added bonus of being able to heat the UFH and DHW at the same time. Is this a good way to stay, or should we look at adding a 3 port in and making them exclusive? Are there advantages to doing this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back