intergas

Mooing! Thats a new word for it.

I have never heard an IG moo!

But I suppose if the mix is weak then they should.

Because I always set the gas pipe size correctly I probably avoid all the problems that others get.

When I was doing Biasi warranty visits perhaps 70% of the 32 kW boilers I saw had undersized gas supplies!

Then DP wonders why I have a low opinion of the average installer.

Of course the likelyhood of under sizing increases amongst those who are fitting budget boiler brands.

I wonder what Ray finds on the IGs he visits.

Sponsored Links
No you set the gasvalve on low and check it on high.

It should be around 9.1% on low and between 8.8 and 9.4 on high assuming natural gas

If it was mooing it was below 8.3%.

I'm not sure on the confusion here, first I've seen so followed word for word in instructions. Strip, clean and check ratios. Max was fine but min was around 11%, spanner - and adjust min on gv to about 9%. Pack up and get ready to go just try heating....fires up, combustion noise, measure as its running 7.5% so go through the whole process again and it seems ok with readings ok. Maybe it went to some other mode on setting, I don't know but I didn't come out of it thinking what a great easy to set up boiler. My colleague who threw his away is the only other one I'm aware of in my neck of the woods, I didn't see it he just said he got fed up struggling with emissions.

I'm not sure on the confusion here, first I've seen so followed word for word in instructions. Strip, clean and check ratios. Max was fine but min was around 11%, spanner - and adjust min on gv to about 9%. Pack up and get ready to go just try heating....fires up, combustion noise, measure as its running 7.5% so go through the whole process again and it seems ok with readings ok. Maybe it went to some other mode on setting, I don't know but I didn't come out of it thinking what a great easy to set up boiler. My colleague who threw his away is the only other one I'm aware of in my neck of the woods, I didn't see it he just said he got fed up struggling with emissions.

If the max was fine but was out you've probably put the restrictor disc in upside-down. Numbers go on top...either that or you were setting it up on h rather than H

Either way, your mate who's exchanged his for a Wooshitter is a total muppet. Maybe you both need some basic combustion training

Last edited:
I'd say he set it up on little h rather than L.

Don't tell me,. a 7 segment display showing ALPHA charactors and using h and H for two different indications. Cost cutting design of hardware made worse by a poor choice of charactors.

Sponsored Links
Don't tell me,. a 7 segment display showing ALPHA charactors and using h and H for two different indications. Cost cutting design of hardware made worse by a poor choice of charactors.
It's perfectly simple and obvious if the instructions are read and followed correctly

If the max was fine but was out you've probably put the restrictor disc in upside-down. Numbers go on top...either that or you were setting it up on h rather than H

Either way, your mate who's exchanged his for a Wooshitter is a total muppet. Maybe you both need some basic combustion training

Maybe we do although we've both been wielding them daily for near 20 years

Can't set it up on H according to manual only on L and there is no mention of the restrictor in the servicing instructions at all. It got there but wasn't simple as it could be.

Wow. Just logged back in and seen the discussion. So for those of you who do like them, what's good about them. Do you go back to many, are people happy with them are you suggesting an intergas or are they asking for one. If you suggest what's their reaction if they've never heard of them

Sounds like you have been reading the sales info.

I like them for different reasons as an installer!

Tony

Wow. Just logged back in and seen the discussion. So for those of you who do like them, what's good about them. Do you go back to many, are people happy with them are you suggesting an intergas or are they asking for one. If you suggest what's their reaction if they've never heard of them
Not many parts to go wrong, most robust heat exchanger on the market, very easy to service, good installer backup, very versatile as the combi can also be used as a system boiler or a water heater, OpenTherm compatibility, weather compensation, ECO RF will communicate with wireless Honeywell kit without needing to wire in a receiver, InTouch allows installers to remotely monitor the boilers they've installed, which also means remote diagnosis of any issues that may arise, the PCB has clever features that allow the boiler to supply two flow temperatures (useful, for example, if you want low-temperature radiators and rapid recovery of a DHW, compact dimensions, versatile installation options, simple conversion to LPG....the list goes on

I go back to all my installs, once per year to service them. Some people are a little nervous of the idea of a brand they haven't heard of but they're easily persuaded by the benefits of Intergas ownership :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back