interior door frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 1956 bungalow and am trying to modernise it.

Before I get all the rooms plastered and decorated Im thinking that I could prob do with new door frames as the current ones have seen better days. Is it a simple job? would I be best off getting a builder / painter & decorator round to do it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
builder possibly,carpenter defianatley.
how bad are the frames?
could they be salvagable with a good rub down fill and repaint or are they really past there best?

They were originally very very badly painted (one still is). A while ago we stripped / sanded them back to bare wood. They look much better then they were but if im decorating I thought I would be best to get the frames sorted properly first. So maybe I should ask a carpenter to pop round and have a look / give a estimate. He would know if they be made good again I guess.

I just want everything looking perfect :rolleyes:

Get yourself a tin of car body filler and you'll have them perfect in no time.
We use it all the time - and I mean ALL the time. Get a big tin from Halfords. It lasts forever if you keep the lid on.

Sponsored Links
Try it - you'll never live without it again.

Can you please list what I should get done and in what order...

Get builder / decorator to sort door frames, add new skirting, coving, dado rails

Chisel out and move light switch to other side of door

Replace large old radiator with new small one

Plaster all walls / ceiling + paint

A good all-rounder can do all that for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back