Intermittent noise coming from my mum's oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Does anyone know what the cause of this noise is? Sounds like the fan is hitting something.
cheers
wayne

Sponsored Links
Well it definitely sound like the fan is hitting something, so the question becomes, do you feel up to taking it out, taking the back off, and being able to check and see what's come loose.

Nut fallen off or loose that holds fan onto motor? Usually a reverse thread though so it doesn't work loose.

Sponsored Links
Possible distortion of the heating element or the back panel has been pushed into the fan

Hopefully I will be having a look this weekend and I will report back
Thank you for the input

How intermittent is the noise? does it only come when you are baking them lovely chips? :p

Which model is it? If its one with top heating, bottom heating and fan and you are using it in combination mode its possible that the fan element has blown and the fan blade is clipping it as it goes round. Take all the shelves out take the cover off the fan element from inside the oven (2 or 4 screws) and spin the fan by hand and see if its catching anything. Do made sure you have switched the oven off before you do this. Also if this is digital model there maybe a second fan that sends a flow of air through the top of the oven to prevent the heat damaging the electrics. The bearings can go on these fans causing them to run of true and clip the case as they spin.

Fan blade clipping the surrounding element.
For a quick and cheap fix the old man saved 5 ml of each of the blades of the fan.

Thanks everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back