Internal combi clock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an iqe simplicity combi and want to fit the optional digital clock, I purchased an original but have no wiring diagram, I have fitted the wires on to the back of the clock as I would think they go (see photos) I just want to confirm this is correct before I fit the plug into the boiler, thanks in advance for any help/advice given
15049600245862105412337.jpg

Sponsored Links
I just want to confirm this is correct

It is NOT correct.

The obvious error is terminals 3 4 and 5

Terminal 5 is the common of the switch, the switch will connect terminal 5 to either termimal 3 ( when ON ) or terminal 4 ( when OFF )

Terminal 3 will never be connected to terminal 4 by the switch so those black wires will never make a circuit hwn connected the way you have thought was correct.

Get the 24 volt leads wrong and damage is likely to occur.

Get the instructions and/or wiring diagram before you attempt to connect it. Connections based on guess work can destroy the electronics in either or both the timer and the boiler.

I've searched the net for a wiring diagram for the clock/timer but as of yet have had no luck,, i put the wires onto the timer as per other photos i have seen whilst searching but haven't connected to the combi yet as it didn't look quite right, thanks for pointing me in the right direction bernardgreen

If you cant find the MI for it then you'll need to track it through the boiler wiring/board and where the power and switching circuits are fed from and to, if any of that is confusing then I'd get a professional in to do it. It then sits with him to get it right, the alternative could be a fried main board and a hefty bill.

Sponsored Links
Thanks madrab,, I've even looked for iqe online to see if the infomations available but it seems theres no sit for them and possibly they're part of sime now

Hi polesapart,
I thought it was sime now, I can't get your link to open mate

I was pretty disappointed when it didn't come with a pin diagram but all the accessories are discontinued so I had to buy one from the internet and it was new but opened, the part number does match with what is ment to be fitted, thanks for your help with this polesapart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back