Internal double door support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I have posted this in the right section. Apologies if I haven't.

Looking for some advice and have uploaded a couple of photos.

I have a pretty wide door frame between my living and dining room that measures 2.65m and would like to remove the uprights. Knocking above there is definitely an area of greater density which I assume is a lintel. However on the left hand side of it the dense area only overhangs by around 100mm, the wall is not a load bearing wall (confirmed by a structural engineer) but I am wondering if the vertical timbers which are left would be providing any support to the bricks above by closing the opening up.

I am probably going to have to strip the wallpaper and some plaster off to check what's above the opening but would appreciate if anyone had any advice. The house was built in 1965 if it helps.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
20230120_214714.jpg
Living Room 2.jpeg

Thanks for the reply 23vc. I guess it's worth getting that paper and some plaster off just to make sure.

Needed to get that old glass out, was always making me nervous with my little one running in and out after a grim experience I had with non-safety glass. (Pics attached)

Attachments

• Arm.jpg
    Arm.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Arm2.jpg
    Arm2.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply 23vc. I guess it's worth getting that paper and some plaster off just to make sure.

Needed to get that old glass out, was always making me nervous with my little one running in and out after a grim experience I had with non-safety glass. (Pics attached)
Kinell! :oops:
Don't blame you regards the sprogs running around.(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back