Internet accessible 7 day single channel time switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if such a thing as a internet/network accessible 7 day single channel time switch exists. Note that I am not referring to a wireless thermostat

Ideally I would like to be able to switch my central heating on/ off remotely. I have a combi boiler with TVR's but no room thermostat. Would prefer any associated program to run locally (I have my own computer network/servers rather than Cloud bases.

Many thanks

Alan

Sponsored Links
if you truly have no room stat, buy and fit a simple one tomorrow while you do your research.

It will save you money every day, starting tomorrow.

You can buy one for less than a tenner.

You do have a timer, don't you?

Sponsored Links
You do have a timer, don't you?
Hello John

Yes I have a timer and presently just rely on TVR's (bathroom towel rail is permanently open without TVR) to set heating levels individually per room.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't see the point of introducing a thermostat. The only possible thing is it might shut the boiler off when the house reached a set temperature, whereas the TVR's might cause the boiler to cycle?

If I fitted a thermostat would this result in the TVR becoming redundant?

if your boiler is running when the house is warm, it will be using gas to make your house needlessly hotter. As well as the bathroom radiator, the pipes will be warming your mice and spiders, and the boiler itself will be giving off heat through the flue to warm the birds, and through the casing to warm the kitchen ceiling. It will be firing for short periods which is inefficient.

The TRVs are not redundant as they will turn off the heat in each room as it comes up to temp. You will balance the room with the stat so it is the slowest to warm up.

Why would you want your boiler to keep running when the house is warm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back