INTERNET AND E MAILS PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A mate is having problems with his Internet and E-Mail systems. He can open both systems but when exploring on the Internet and he is advised on certain sites to "Click Here" nothing happens. Similarly, I have just forwarded the www.diynot.com address to him by E-Mail and he says nothing happens when he attempts opening.

He is adamant that he has not installed anything recently that could have affected matters, other than inputting a new printer, and is totally confused.

Sponsored Links
Your mate should get his computer fixed by someone who doesn't get confused.

It isn't possible to fix a computer, over the Internet, via a third party who isn't next to the computer.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions on this topic, from which you can compile a list of possible causes. That isn't fault-finding though; it's just guessing.

As Softus says, trying to tell you what to tell your mate to do then waiting for him to tell you and you to tell us what is happening can result in a bad case of Chinese Whispers, but here goes:
As you do not say which version of Internet Explorer your mate uses I will assume IE6.
First, try setting Internet Explorer as your default browser. Go to IE Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab and turn on the check box for IE to check if it is the default browser. Shut down and restart IE. When it prompts to be set as default browser, say yes.
If that does not fix the problem try this

Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL click OK. Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings" button.

Next. To get the links working in Outlook Express go to this site and follow the instructions.
http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_fix_links.htm
dave

Sponsored Links
Back