Internet Explorer Help.

Sponsored Links
I'm not wishing to be rude or sarky, but the whole point of protected as opposed to real memory models was to prevent the possibility applications interfering with each other.

No offence was intended, it could be a rogue driver or memory problem, but this would probably affect more than one application no ?

download firefox and see if it happens with that. if it doesnt you know its definatly a prob with explorer .
is your pc networked? this sometimes happens to ours at work then explorer closes. only thing is all ours are networked.

Thanks for your help guys appreciate all input i'll try re installing see if that works will also try with fire fox just though this may of been a common problem.

Igorian I will also try and update all the drivers when you say drivers i assume you just mean for the hard ware ?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
I'm not wishing to be rude or sarky, but the whole point of protected as opposed to real memory models was to prevent the possibility applications interfering with each other.

No offence was intended, it could be a rogue driver or memory problem, but this would probably affect more than one application no ?

You haven't offended me and, ordinarily, I would agree with your comments regarding protected mode. However, I have seen, on numerous occasions, applications and drivers that interfere with others, causing this type of problem. Symantec A/V had an issue that caused a similar thing to happen with IE6 and they released a patch to fix it.

From what I gather, you have experience with WIN32 apps, which I don't, hence my comment, although it probably did sound a little abrupt. If so, I apologise. ;)

Back