Introduction

You're not the first, Cait....

BTW, is it short for Caitlin?

Sponsored Links
Dear Cait, usually no one bothers with an introduction, but whether you do or not, the moderators are so sensitive that even if they think you might have thought of something, anytime in your life, they don't agree with, they will pounce. Even if you're not there.

When it gets a bit too much, there's a real ding-dong as to why the mods are so stroppy, and admin gets involved to clarify the situation. What seems to happen is admin goes on holiday, mods get stroppy, there's a great hoo-haa, then admin returns from holiday to see this fight going on and steps in to send the mods and the posters back to their corners.

Don't feel YOU are being got at, just think how sad life must be that you have to be a mod. :LOL:

I think that sometimes the mods like to make their presence felt for trivial reasons. They remind me of traffic wardens sometimes. :) It's most entertaining when someone starts to wind them up!

petewood said:
I think that sometimes the mods like to make their presence felt for trivial reasons. They remind me of traffic wardens sometimes. :) It's most entertaining when someone starts to wind them up!

Im starting to see things a little different too.

Cait, you mentioned that you had added you email address to the profile..did you do it right?...cos it isnt there now...stick it on..or could you email me, id like to have a chat about the NAPCT and your American contacts.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the welcome everyone. All is cool and Lynda sent me a very nice email and I emailed her back...

Securesparks, no, not short for anything, just pretentious..it started as a joke. My real name is Catherine but I was always known as Katie, then when I went to London and work on sites there was always some smartalec who would sing K,K,K,Katie swallowed a ha'p'ny...and then make up words with alll sorts of rude things that she swallowed as well...so I changed my name to Kate...and then my bank decided it wouldn't take cheques made out to Kate, then I thought if I could get the cheques made out to Miss C, and then folk were always asking why, so one day I got stroppy and decided I would go Gaelic..just to make a point really.. Caitlin is the Gaelic word for Catherine, and the shortening is Cait...at the time I was working for a lot of male interior designers who loved the Gaelic inference and thought it was all "luxxy"...so I kept it because people would have a problem job and they'd tell one another to call "Gaelic Cait"...as I said, I know about 5 words of Gaelic...but heck it brought me business so who cares.
Told you it was an LBS (Long Boring Story).

Oilman, my favourite person online is a moderator (not here) and I am very fond of a good few others...so I'm not going to slag em off...just got totally confused about what was going on.....still not convinced I know, but I'll go with it.

Zampa,
As I said in my post, I made it public briefly, took it off this a.m. I have enough spam to sink a battle ship coming through my site (which I set up wrong...should never have had a direct contact on the site but a "contact form"). Spam search programmes crawl these message boards picking up email addresses. I just would rather it wasn't public. Anyone wants to contact me they can do it, I'm not that hard to find...like most of the world on the net.

What I can't quite work out is how you bring up someone's profile if their name isn't in the forum index...so I haven't sussed if you can private message someone through the board, but I'm assuming not since Lynda couldn't...I'll get the hang of this yet.

Anyways..I'll see you guys around the site.
Cait

Cait/Kate/Kaite/Cate/Cayte/ k8,....(sorry just thought id give you a few more options :) )

There isnt a PM facility on this particular site unfortunatly, you have to access the profile via the main thread pages..hoping that someone has left a message so you can click on them. Everybody seems to fall foul of the moderators at some point (ive escpaed them thus far) but one things for sure Im pretty sure they wont like general conversations taking place that aint thread related...im sure theres probably a rule about it somewhere..cant be a**** to look.

Ive checked out the NAPCT site..great membership on its way..just now need to forge some links with the U.S

I'll drop you a line via your main web address if thats ok.

Back