Just a bit of an introduction :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there!
I'm new to the forum, and I couldn't spot an Introductions thread or section so figured I'd just whack one up here - please mods do move it if its in the wrong place! Many apologies!

My name is Sarah! I'm living in an old and completely unupdated house which my chap bought off his mum years and years ago in Exeter, Devon. In these times I'm grateful to have a roof over my head and all appliances at least working if not brilliantly, but it doesn't feel right, its not homely, and i'm not comfortable.

The chap is reluctant to improve anything despite how much i ask, plead and bribe, so i'm here for advice and help from you guys! The house is so untouched to the point that we have no debt at all, and the mortgage is nearly over as he took it on when he was very young. Hes decided in his wisdom that he'll have to save up before doing any work to the house to stay out of debt, but as i'm unable to work due to illness, thats only one income, and it'll never happen. Also, he is one of the laziest people i know when it comes to making changes.

Thus if anything is going to get done, its going to be done by me!

I have no knowledge of home improvement at all, on a very budget and have no strength whatsoever- but I've got to try if i want changes - so i'm not taking up DIY, I'm taking up DIMODS - 'Do It My Own Damn Self'.

The last effort was started on the bathroom. Everything came out and stopped working, he eventually got things fitted a few months later and now the walls are stripped and bare with bits of plaster in it, a skanky ceiling and skanky floor. And its been like this unimproved since December. And thats only the tip of the iceberg. I shall make posts in the appropriate places but thats sort of where I stand right now!

I'm a determined lady but I have no idea what to do next and how to do it alone. So i'll need all the advice I can get!

Thanks all! Hope you're having a good bank holiday weekend!

Sponsored Links
Welcome Sarah and thank you for the introduction.

You should be able to get lots of advice on this site but please be specific and give as much info as possible when asking a question. Another good idea is to include photos where possible.
Once again, welcome and good luck.

Thank you Conny!

I do fully intend to be as explicit as i can be over my queries, this is a very well laid out forum and its clear even to me where each project should be posted, and just getting the feeling for the forum here I'm getting very determined - so i'll post as much detail as i can each time so i can get my ggggrrrr on and sort it out :)

Sponsored Links
Your bloke sounds lazy and tight-fisted. Dump him and take him for every penny he's got then buy/rent a nice little place of your own.

Just clicked your profile.

If that is really you, WOW! :eek:

Without getting too personal, (or explicit, ;) ), how long has your 'chap' been blind?

Sponsored Links
Back