Inventions

Eddie M said:
I'm working on one, it's a mute button for the wife and kids. Also a time stasis button for when I want an extra couple of hours in bed.

You could try this:

but she'd probably get you back with this:

Sponsored Links
I believe you Ninebob ;) .When I was a nipper we had to do a science "invention" in primary school..........My mum had just bought a new vac. and it blew out aswell.......so I invented a bed to keep you cool with this vac. blowing thru the mattress....Elec. blankets were popular then in the winter .........No C/H in them days :rolleyes: Anyways ,years later I saw on the TV the similar principle being used for burns victims lying in a bed with airflow round them thru mattress to ease the discomfort :!:

A big spike that comes out of the steering wheel, instead of an airbag. Should stop people speeding :D

ninebob said:
I had an idea years ago that genuinely could have made me a fortune, but I didn't have the foresight to patent it.

When you go to the supermarket, and need a pound coin for the trolley, sometimes you don't have one. So, either you beg someone for change, or you have the rigmarole of going into the store, to the cigarette counter, and changing your notes so you have a pound coin.

I thought - hey, the trolleys aren't like vending machines or fruit machines - they don't care if the coin is the right weight - it just has to be the right shape. So if you could manufacture something that people could keep on their keyrings, they wouldn't have to worry if they had a pound coin or not...

And then, in true ninebob form, I did f*ck all about it.

5 years later, I saw these on sale:

MY IDEA!!!!

I now have one on my own keyring, which I bought for 99p! The manufacturing cost is probably less than 10p - I could be a bl**dy millionaire by now - IT WAS MY IDEA!!!!
I've got some of those plastic £1 coins from childrens' play money.

I've often thought it would be fun, if there was a way to keep it cold enough, to make an ice disk the right size, and take it with when going somewhere that uses those trolley chains, and leave them wondering how the trolley got released..

But usually I try to stick to Plan A. Remember what I said a few weeks ago about supermarkets, and the contempt they have for their customers? As far as I possibly can, I simply refuse to shop somewhere where they assume that I'm going to nick their trolley.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
I've often thought it would be fun, if there was a way to keep it cold enough, to make an ice disk the right size, and take it with when going somewhere that uses those trolley chains, and leave them wondering how the trolley got released..

Great minds think alike, ban! As a student, this idea was mooted with reference to the pool table in the common room. It never came to fruition, because:

1) The table was subsidised and cost just 10p, rather than a pound - so the logistics of making such a disk were somewhat complicated, given that it's thinness would cause it to shatter whilst inserting the slider. In the end we decided that it wasn't worth the effort, due in no small part to the fact that

2) The table was subsidised and cost just 10p!

We still spent many stoned hours discussing it, though....! :LOL: :rolleyes:

tawelfryn said:
A big spike that comes out of the steering wheel, instead of an airbag. Should stop people speeding :D

Hold tight, that sounds like a variation on one of mine.

Mine was for a spike which is hidden in the frame under the saddle of a push bike and operated on a centrifugal clutch so that when someone pinches your bike, they get up to speed and... :eek:

Make sure you remember to disable it before you ride off though! ;)

jbonding said:
so come on whats your invention
A sticker on the windscreen that says "Look at the illuminated sign on your steering wheel, you dork!".

ninebob said:
ban-all-sheds said:

Great minds think alike, ban! As a student, this idea was mooted with reference to the pool table in the common room.
There was an F1 team once, in the turbo days, that cheated by blocking the wastegate with ice - the idea was that it would stay there long enough to give them extra boost at the start, so they could pull ahead, but by the time the race was over would leave absolutely no trace for any scrutineer to find...

ban-all-sheds said:
As far as I possibly can, I simply refuse to shop somewhere where they assume that I'm going to nick their trolley.
Can't make up mind wether it's nicking them is the problem or leaving the car park untidy with trolleys everywhere.

I have reported a missing trolley to Iceland twice in our nearby brook, it's still there after a year :rolleyes: Was told they cost over £700 each :eek:

masona said:
ban-all-sheds said:
As far as I possibly can, I simply refuse to shop somewhere where they assume that I'm going to nick their trolley.
Can't make up mind wether it's nicking them is the problem or leaving the car park untidy with trolleys everywhere.

I have reported a missing trolley to Iceland twice in our nearby brook, it's still there after a year :rolleyes: Was told they cost over £700 each :eek:
how far away from the store is it? If they wanted it, they would probably send a member of staff to fetch it if within walking distance. Otherwise, they probably have plenty spare . . .

And i think £70 each is a more accurate figure.

I thought - hey, the trolleys aren't like vending machines or fruit machines - they don't care if the coin is the right weight - it just has to be the right shape. So if you could manufacture something that people could keep on their keyrings,

then people would only have to buy one of them :) while you might not get rich all at once you would have a definite clientel :)

Sponsored Links
Back