IP-based security for beginners

Hey Alarm - you give him a quote, man. You live in London too. What are you waiting for? Or is your leg playing up again. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I need to know exactly what he wants and so far he cannot afford what I would fit, why I asked first.

Better luck next time.

If he wants me he can use the PM system, no need for you to get jealous is there :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..and another thought about deterrents: Externally visible cameras might indicate a decent alarm system, but they might also indicate that there's stuff worth stealing! So perhaps one should be cautious that what might deter a casual burglar might encourage a more professional one.

Any thoughts here on that point?

If Billy the Burglar makes up his mind that he is going to break in - then he will.

A simple system with Vipers on the windows and good physical security (good door and window locks) will give you much better protection than bells and whistles and text messages. The average burglary takes round 5 minutes. In, out and shake it all about.

Have to agree there, my first point of survey is the physical side of security.
No use having a all singing dancing system and a Yale (Yale 77 nightlatch, b4 you know who wets themselves) on the front door and a 2 lever Yale mortise on the back door.

Sponsored Links
Oh I get it.
You think I have something to do with them. Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Nope, they are on the OP`s doorstep and quite good.
If you knew anything about NACOSS companies you would know their general locations within the area you work :D

I can warn the directors and head of sales though about impending crank calls and spam mail if you want ;)

Good God not my style at all so childish. I much prefer solicitors and libel cases.

Have to agree there, my first point of survey is the physical side of security.
No use having a all singing dancing system and a Yale (Yale 77 nightlatch, b4 you know who wets themselves) on the front door and a 2 lever Yale mortise on the back door.

Every new home has a tenners worth of crap any old brand eurocylinder in the patio door. Unbelievable it's like using a suitcase padlock on the crown jewels thats where to start.

Good God not my style at all so childish. I much prefer solicitors and libel cases.

LOL this will be funny.

Your Honour, the defendant cannot be served as he does not own the company I suspected. I do wish another writ be served as he has again stated I charge people for fitting stuff from boxes sold in (Add shed here) marked DIY.

I will however carefully watch his every word and one day find him.
I do believe that a ungraded product is far superior to one that has had rigorous testing both on the bench and in the field and is accepted by all the national bodies in the country regarding the performance of the product to its relevant gradings.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Every new home has a tenners worth of crap any old brand eurocylinder in the patio door. Unbelievable it's like using a suitcase padlock on the crown jewels thats where to start.

Every new home. Can I quote that?
Hmmmmm every new home has a euro cylinder in the patio door.
Okay.
Time to reword the website then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back