Moved in - New Alarm Required.

you can do as you like its your alarm. It would still work, just it isn't the way we would do it.

so back to zone 1 door contact, zone 2 pir in the hallway and the rest elsewhere on the other zones.

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks!

I think the best thing is that I wait until the alarm arrives and once I've study it, I'll contact you on here then.

Once again, many thanks for your help secureiam.

Thanks for waiting. I received the alarm today. Unfortunately when I opened the parcel, the kit packaging within it was damaged and the seal was already broke. Also one or two items also had scratches too.

I've written an email to Alert Electrical and just hope they resolve it ASAP.

Sponsored Links
Nope, but since it's open, is it worth me taking some pictures of it and posting them on this forum so that you can help me understand the connections?

If it had a broken seal and scratches on the items when delivered to you then the chances are it was not new but could have been returned from a dis-satisfied customer. It may not even be in full working order.

If it had a broken seal and scratches on the items when delivered to you then the chances are it was not new but could have been returned from a dis-satisfied customer. It may not even be in full working order.

That's exactly my worry. I'm just awaiting for a reply from Alert Electrical and most likely will send it back. In the meantime, is it worth taking a look and investigating the alarm, so that when I get a replacement, I'll have the advantage of knowing what to do?

Nope, but since it's open, is it worth me taking some pictures of it and posting them on this forum so that you can help me understand the connections?
I'd take the CD out and copy the installation PDF to your computer so you can have a read. You may change your mind once you've had a read :D

My goodness, I was hoping that most of you members were exaggerating, but your definately right as it is a very detailed and advanced manual. I doubt it very much that I'll figure out how it connects and works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back