Moved in - New Alarm Required.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I had to go out. I'll need to get the links later when I'm back. The IP modules don't have GSM. Generally, if you go down the GSM module plus IP module route, you're going to spend £500+ on the system components.

Sorry, I had to go out. I'll need to get the links later when I'm back. The IP modules don't have GSM. Generally, if you go down the GSM module plus IP module route, you're going to spend £500+ on the system components.

Oh no worries. It's just that I want to get this ordered ASAP.

What's the next model (IF ANY) above the g2 and does it have any special features? Also what's the price difference between the two models?

Last edited:
I pretty much have the system Galaxyguy refers to. I self installed, although most of my wiring was in place. If you get the Ethernet module for £50 you can control it via phone/internet etc. Google selfmon for more info, a few others on here are also happy customers.

Sponsored Links
That's great, thanks for your input Alan. I'm now just awaiting for GalaxyGuy to provide details of where I can purchase this from.

Hi Handymanjo. The premier 24 kit price that sparky gave was for only 1 pir, whereas the galaxy g2 has 3 pirs and is still only £175.

Hi guys, can I hijack this post slightly. Can anyone suggest a system that will handle smoke and CO alarms as well.

3 pirs in a 24 kit. 5 fobs, LCD prox keypad , comms 2400 and panel....but in all honestly I think both panels may be beyond your skill set !

Hello again sparky mate. The list in the shopping shows only one pir.

Would I not get any technical support from you guys if I really got stuck???

Last edited:
Don't know if this will come across well but here goes.

Even with great enthusiasm and dedication, there is only so much help that can be given on a forum.
Given your answers to date, anyone helping you is likely to have a hard slog ahead of them.

That doesn't mean you can't do it, it is just going to difficult and the progress is likely to be slow.
When someone on a forum gives help they give up their time to help, so they wouldn't be at your beck and call for assistance.

...... and don't forget most are now at work, 11:00, or in the evenings a lot will be 'on call'.

I am doing the decorating this week, rather be up the ladder in the rain and wind (but the sun is shinning).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back