Moved in - New Alarm Required.

Don't know if this will come across well but here goes.

Even with great enthusiasm and dedication, there is only so much help that can be given on a forum.
Given your answers to date, anyone helping you is likely to have a hard slog ahead of them.

That doesn't mean you can't do it, it is just going to difficult and the progress is likely to be slow.
When someone on a forum gives help they give up their time to help, so they wouldn't be at your beck and call for assistance.

Really sorry secureiam. It wasn't that I was trying to be awkward as I really do appreciate the help on this forum from everyone. The thing is that I've been recommended 2 alarms and I was going to go with the galaxy g2, however I was waiting for GalaxyGuy's reply to give me info on where he purchased the parts from.

Of course whilst waiting, sparkymarka has replied that both alarms would possibly be difficult to install for me and that's why I said I felt back to square one as this has somewhat confused me.

Sponsored Links
galaxy guy may well be buying from a trade only supplier but there are many that will sell to anyone.

your not being awkward and certainly no need for the apology.

Its easier to help someone that's half way there, I am sure you will get support but it may not be when you need it(are free).

Thanks for being so understanding. I forgot to mention that part of my reason to get a quicker answer is because I want to place an order by the end of today, so that by the weekend I have an alarm and since it's bank holiday on Monday, I can start the installation on weekend. If there is an alarm that you or anyone else can recommend that's not hugely difficult to install, then please let me know asap.

Right I've gone for the texecom which sparky recommended (THANKS SPARKY!). I've chosen next day delivery, so hopefully I should get it by thur, allowing me 2 days to read up and test the system before doing the wiring over weekend.

If there are any manuals/guides or links you can recommend, then that would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
there should be a cd with the panel, that cd should have everything you need, I would look at wiring diagrams first and don't worry about the programming until your ready to power up.

mot sure I can recommend any youtube videos but there may be something on EOL wiring, which kit did you go for, I may be able to simplify before you start.

Thanks secureiam. Yeah. My plan is to test the alarm system before wiring the whole house. EOL is somewhat confusing.

The excellent kit I've gone for was recommended by sparky:

image-png.99454

8 core, 1 device 1 cable.
the door contact, has no rear tamper, but 4k7 resistor across the reed(silver terminals) the a 2k2 from one of these silver terminals to a spare brass terminal, wire back to the panel brass one end silver the other.
Wire to zone 1.

don't know which devices are going where, but if the keypad has a pir covering it, then wire that pir to zone 2.

The rest doesn't really matter.

the compact IR, wire power back to the panels AUX+- and first alarm terminal and last tamper terminal (diag/section 9 on the Compact IR), use the jumpers to select 4k7 Jp3 alarm and 2K2 jumper tamper. diag gram/ section 6.

the antimasking PIR, should have option A board already in if not insert that out of the pack provided, wire power to aux +- and EOL terminals to the zone, in zone setup change the wiring type to TEOL (triple end of line).

the com 2400, plug it in, wire T and R to the phone line and wire the earth to the earth to the mains earth.
You can wire the panel with a plug but a fused spur is better but that will depend on your skill set. remember mains can kill and you should ensure its isolated and safe to work on.

Keypad, just wire the network terminals and wire the same in the panel

The bell box, wire same at the bell and panel ends ABCDS, it can help if you take a picture of this, so you don't have to go up and down the ladders double checking which wire went were.

switch the battery jumper to the on position, close and seal the unit.

Don't connect the battery until everything else is done, it will help you short term, just make sure the wires are tidy enough to allow enough room for the battery.

Texecom have a you tube channel with a video explaining what to do on first power up.

Before powering up you need to be aware that unused zones will show up as in tamper when you do power up and the lid tamper may show if you have thelid off as will any other faults, enter the default engineers code until you gain access to the engineers menu.

Then the programming can start.

Thanks very much. I'm sorry to say, but most of what you've said has gone over the top of my head. Can you please give me a link to texecom's youtube channel? Does it show you how to do the wiring?

The pir detectors will cover all four rooms & the door contact is for the garage (See diagram in Post #1). The keypad will be located in the hallway behind the front door and although a pir will be in the hall way, it will most likely be pointing away from the keypad.

search for Texecom ltd on you tube.

as for wiring it will become more apparent when you have the devices in front of you, then look at the post with the detectors opened up.

door contact Wire to zone 1.

don't know which devices are going where, but if the keypad has a pir covering it, then wire that pir to zone 2.

The rest doesn't really matter.

Unused zones programed as not used, the AMDT will need the wiring type changing to TEOL.

that way your zones will all ready be programmed correctly for the basics, lets walk before we can run.

I see tha map, by the wat door contact for the front door and dt for?

There isn't going to be any door contact for the front door because I will be using a PIR instead. The door contact will be going on the garage door outside instead.

well the best practice is to have a door contact on the e/e door, in that case, the PIR covering the door needs to be on zone 1.

the arming mode for area A set to timed exit.

I think your advise is absolutely right. For now what I'll do is instead of the garage door, I'll put it on the e/e door i.e. the front door. The pirs are still the same and will be in hallway, kitchen, living & lounge rooms.

I'll add a door contact at a later stage for the garage...how does that sound?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back