IP44/65 mains downlight to match standard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a source for the above?
I need one IP44 (or higher if thats all I can find) mains voltage downlight to match the others in a bathroom, which are all out of the zones. I know their design means that they will naturally me more robust than normal D/L's but do they have to look so bleedin' different? :confused:
There must be a range of lights that all look the same regardless of the IP rating, surely? The only other option is to fit all four as showerlights, way too expensive!
Any suggestions (apart from 'don't fit downlights', had that discussion already!) welcome...:cool:

Sponsored Links
What is the distance from the floor to the ceiling where the lights are going?

If it is not in a zone and not subject to water jets then you do not need any IP rated lights to comply with wiring regs.
You should have lights that prevent condensation etc being drawn into the roof space, however.

It's more for that reason really, also there's going to be a power shower fitted pretty much directly underneath it, so the chances of water splashing up onto the light (although it is more than 2.25m from the floor) are increased.
Any ideas on a range that all look the same?

Nope, the IPx5 ones have the lamp set back in all the ranges I have seen.

Maybe others have better knowledge than me (hard to imagine!)

Sponsored Links
The only other option is to fit all four as showerlights, way too expensive!

??? You can get IP65 rated downlights for less than a tenner each from somewhere like TLC. It's hard to pay much less even for non-IP rated. I dont know your circumstances, but is that really way too expensive?

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Alright, maybe an exaggeration!
Still, that looks like my best option.
Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back