Is a main switch needed on a sub board?

non-electrician may occasionally have something correct and useful to say
Yes and well they might. A bloke asked me "What the heck does Bill Gates know about Coronavirus? " rather indignantly. I, of course answered that he might know a lot or a bit or non at all, how the heck would I know? No idea, it`s like saying what can a comedian know about astronomy? or What can a pop star know about Astronomy? How can an Electrician know about Mechanical Engineering up to C & G post nominal standards (Technician Grade) ? Ho well I did just that. I could be an artist - I am not , at least not the type that paints landscapes/portraits or weird shapes anyway. I have been called an Artists because of the amounts of beer etc I could drink in my youth though (happy days).

Some folk like to put other folks in slots - you are a XXX so you cannot be a YYY - sort of attitude.

I know someone who is a time served electrician, who has the attitude of "I served my apprenticeship so I do not need to go on update courses etc etc". Well some things he is very good at but being up to date with the regs is not one of them, he relies on hearsay and urban myths spoken in the wholesalers. He does do a few things that make me baulk too, quite a few over the years although a lot of his work is very ordered and neat too.
I don`t know if he is proficient at fishing, deep sea diving or preparing 5 star meals though, he might be but then again he might not.

He might be able to save a life with astute medical knowledge or solve a murder mystery that baffles the police, He might do or he might not.
So, might a non Electrician come up with some ideas that are better/more correct than some experienced Electricians? well he might do or he might not.

Must we always stay within the confines of our (as defined by others) determined slots in life? No says I, certainly not. I treasure my divine right to be just as wrong as the next person!

So, what actually is the point of this vendetta? I have no idea, but I have seen it a few times, enough to recognise this one. Sort of last straw on a camel thingy in this instance.

Hmm, I might now attract a heckler - "Who has rattled your cage" for my comments (or again I might not) . Anyway I reserve my right to agree or disagree with what anyone says, based purely on what they have actually said and not based on who actually said it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back