Is corgi registered required?

Pretty sad reflection on the college that Jogger was at that he missed some bits out. OK most of us might not cross all the t's in every case in practice but it would be nice to think that every little detail was spot on in the training.

Tell me Oilski, do you test every meter test point after you've put the screw back in? Never seen any Transco chap do that yet.

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
jogger321 said:
Chaps..sorry I should have put the title of my answer in the text to make it clearer...I'm studying my NVQ 2 Plumbing and was simply quoting what was demonstrated to us last week as what had to be done by a CORGI registered person in order to legally satisfy the rgas egulations that are in force when doing this job.

I wasn't casting an opinion on whether I thought it was necessary or not...

I always do it, always have, it only takes 5 minutes. That said I very seldom solder gas pipe so I'm always by the book when I do.

must say that I always do too, like ollski i dont do it often so am paranoid about it

and chris I always spray the test nipple, force of habit developed over too many years doin this job :):)

what do you mean mate?

I was answering chris about spraying the test nipple with ldf after let by and tightness tests.

how does that affect my product knowledge??

Sponsored Links
I dont really want to take sides on this one as I'm not a gas engineer.

But I was told the same thing as Raden by the guy who fitted our new boiler last year. Basically if you work for profit - you need to be CORGI registered. If you are working for free then you just have to be a competant person.
I really dont know what is right and what is wrong but Raden isn't alone in thinking this :confused:

"But I was told the same thing as Raden by the guy who fitted our new boiler last year. Basically if you work for profit - you need to be CORGI registered. If you are working for free then you just have to be a competant person.
I really dont know what is right and what is wrong but Raden isn't alone in thinking this "

It's not amatter of thoughts or belief

It's the law as it stands, and it's how the HSE interpret it

Of course, CORGI like to try and blurr this as much as possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back