Is FENSA required on a door with less than 50% glazing?

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read on various websites that FENSA does not cover doors with less than 50% glazing. But I cannot find anything on FENSA's website that states this. All the text I can find on FENSA's site just refers to doors, with no mention of 50%.

I have no doubt that you know the answer, but could you please provide me a link to an authorative (e.g. government or FENSA) website that clearly states this.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I think thats been superceded by part 2010

All doors need to be compliant, so self certification by fensa or certass.

Exempt if door only being changed.

Or just do it..whats the worse that could happen

...or are you selling and buyers solicitor muppets have picked it up

We use Certass, and when registering , all doors are registered but we have to stipulate whether its is above or below 50% glazed. Bear in mind Fensa/Certass are ONLY competent persons schemes regarding complying to current building regulations. Here is an excerpt from the Certass ' handbook ' .. Doors- All other doors must be registered with the scheme although doors with less than 50% glazing will not be notified to LABC. The compliance method for door is U-Value

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back