Is IE the only browser that fully supports Hikvision NVR?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can bring up the login page and access menus e.g. Config, in all the browsers I have tested but the viewing/playback only seems possible in IE. I assume this is because it needs the Active X control but wanted to check if any other browsers are supported.

I am aware of the Mobile App for remote viewing.

Unless I am mistaken, Microsoft seem to be favouring Edge and I wonder if IE will be around much longer...

Sponsored Links
OMG I hope this is not the case, if so that's me never ever able to use Hika gear.

The issue is viewing the live feed, you can do this in other browsers with limitations or addons but messy to be fair, and seems to be more problematic above 2MP resolution on live feed.

as for IE its still available

From a Microsoft Support site: Internet Explorer 11 is the last major version of Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer 11 will continue receiving security updates and technical support for the lifecycle of the version of Windows on which it is installed.

I am hoping that Hikvision are working on supporting other browsers

Sponsored Links
I use chrome to control mine... via the browser extension - "IE Tab"

it opens things and gives me full control over my nvr

ie Tab is a simulator for ie settings basically under 2MP you can usually open in other browsers, or that's what I see

The IE chrome extension no longer works for me and IE support seems to have ended.
View and Playback is still not supported on Edge or Chrome.

Are there any workarounds for viewing the cameras via the web please?
The mobile app is still fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back