Is it legal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it legally allowed to fit a Rayburn Nouvelle cooker & boiler to provide CH, HW and cooking? Or do all new installations have to be Condensing Combi boilers?

joepublic

Sponsored Links
Quite right. Perhaps I should expain a little.
I am having a new kitchen fitted. The existing kitchen has a Rayburn Cooker / Boiler which is being replaced by an electric cooker & a separate combi boiler as I'm switching from Open Vented system to Sealed system to regain loft space + HW cylinder cupboard etc.

The reason for my question is;
if it's legally OK to fit a 2nd hand Rayburn as boiler/cooker, then I will consider having is serviced for re-sale.

I know Aga/ Rayburn cookers have a good 2nd hand market, but not sure about cooker/boilers?

any comments will be much appreciated.
thanks
joepublic

What the regs allow or not is not your problem. It's a matter for any future installer. If there's a market for it, sell it. It could be used as a cooker only. Don't bother having it serviced, that's also something for any future installer.

Sponsored Links
Look here for a selling place. The Nouvelle is a terrible design for the central heating boiler. They are great when they don't need repairing, then they are so expensive you have to be nuts to want one. Having said that, there are nuts about.

Getting rid of tanks etc? an unwise decision. You might have a bit more space, but you will have bigger maintenance bills too.

There is nothing illegal about using them as they are cookers, not boilers.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

Oilman wrote:
<Getting rid of tanks etc? an unwise decision. You might have a bit more space, but you will have bigger maintenance bills too. >

Do others also think that switching from an Open Vented system to a Sealed system is unwise?
Maintenance costs aside, what other flaws might a "Sealed system" have in terms of functionality?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back