Is it normal for.....

Cortina
The smug look you had on your face as you took cylinder back won`t be lost on the guy in a years time or within the next couple when you possibly get a little niggle with the heating that most of us would fix and not charge for, will cost you .

If a customer was being an ass about keeping stuff i would leave everything for them

Personally i don`t build in any allowance for scrap used to let our rubbish collector keep everything but as prices rose we started keeping the cylinders and a couple of bags of copper guy was still more than happy to collect everything.
Now scrap has collapsed again and back to levels of a few years ago he can have it all again.

Mate once sold a cylinder back to a customer . The guy owned the scrap yard and said i will save you taking it down there . We still whined him up about it

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

We shall see.

Regardless of whatever spin you plumbers put on it, it's still theft.

For what its worth, he has also just dumped all the worthless sh!t round the back of my house, he cant have his cake and eat it.

Will just take it to the tip like I ususally do, lol.

If its any use to you feel free to make me an offer. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
OK. My offer is to take it away for the very reasonable fee of one million pounds.

This includes all WEE charges, and VAT.

I am not vat registered so this may be a problem, you can take it at £750,000 for cash.

I would be prepared to lower my price if you undertake to provide plentiful tea and chocolate biscuits while I'm there.

i wouldnt, he will probably want to charge you for them :rolleyes:

me and my mate run a building firm doing mostly extensions when our plumber comes on the he takes all the scrap metal but leaves all his crap so we told him as there our jobs we actually have the right to the scrap and if he wants it he can take all his rubbish and stop filling our skip not a happy plumber but fair i think especially when he s being paid by us to work but instead is wasting time trying t strip out as much copper as possible. are we right or are we mean

we told him as there our jobs we actually have the right to the scrap and if he wants it he can take all his rubbish and stop filling our skip not a happy plumber but fair i think especially when he s being paid by us to work but instead is wasting time trying t strip out as much copper as possible. are we right or are we mean

Bang on! ;)

we told him as there our jobs we actually have the right to the scrap
Interesting.

Is that a contractual right, as in an agreement between the end customer and the prime contractor?

Or is it simply your expression of the unspoken and uniquely stupid and selfish moral code by which many builders operate; one that means you decline to follow plans, make up the rules as you go along, lie to the BCO, and take as long as you like to pay sub-contractors?

if he wants it he can take all his rubbish and stop filling our skip not a happy plumber but fair i think especially when he s being paid by us to work but instead is wasting time trying t strip out as much copper as possible. are we right or are we mean
I would say that you're being deliberately obtuse.

All plumbers take away valuable scrap, and everyone who knows this also knows exactly why. It's not possible, as a builder, for you not to know and understand that, so if you engage a plumber and want them not to take it away, then tell them at the start of the job.

If you want to retain the scrap, and sort it, and grade it, and keep it until you have a large enough quantity to make a trip to the scrappie economically worthwhile, then just do it.

Ah well, his loss, I am sure he will change his paper quotes in the future. Your argument is a bit weak really, surely you would price for the exact quantity of materials needed, I know my quote did.

Can't think of many jobs where people would get away with it, if i were to go into a big companies server room, upgrade a £100k disk array and just "cart away" the old one there would be hell on.

Not if you worked at HMRC or the MoD.

the point i wanted to make was if your taking one thing say scrap you should also take all your crap and also we actually buy alot of property and modernise them so we are the client and owner of the property,but to save face he can have the bloody scrap.

Sponsored Links
Back